Branching out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Branching out

"Join Twisted Tree's addiction recovery forum—a supportive online community embracing healing, growth, and sobriety. Connect, share, and find hope together.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

self- improvement and personal growth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

self- improvement and personal growth Empty
PostSubject: self- improvement and personal growth   self- improvement and personal growth EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 6:02 pm

topics related to personal development, setting goals, building resilience, improving self-esteem, and finding purpose in life after experiencing setbacks.
Back to top Go down
https://twistedtreecommunity.forumotion.com
sobersoul

PostSubject: Re: self- improvement and personal growth   self- improvement and personal growth EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 7:50 pm

Early in sobriety was really tough for me. I was dealing with alot of guilt, shame, and remorse. I had a terrible self image and alot of negative talk going on inside my head. I listened to positive affirmations for a long time. I would even practice writing affirmations along with my gratitude list each morning. Didn't happen over night but the more I kept doing it the more I improved

JD likes this post

Back to top Go down
RoyG

PostSubject: Growing from ashes   self- improvement and personal growth EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 4:56 am

I was about 18 months into my sobriety. I had been Social security for 15 years. My mind felt that I could go back to work. But I still han low self worth. So I prayed on it. After about a month, not really looking real hard. My ex-wife heard of a job at a Cemetery a job that does everything from cutting grass to burying people. I was really nervous, but I went and put in a application they interviewed me on the stop. Told me they would let me know the next day. So the next day came and I got the phone call. I had a job. I was scared to death second thought came , but I went to work that Monday
Been there almost a year now. I feel so much better about myself now. Get my credit straightened around and even bought a newer car. Those promises they talk about in the rooms really do come true. 3 years ago I was hopeless broken alcoholic and addict. Jan 26 I'll celebrate 3 yrs of sobriety. With God at my side life is pretty good nowadays
RoyG

JD likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: self- improvement and personal growth   self- improvement and personal growth Empty

Back to top Go down

self- improvement and personal growth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Branching out :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: